At EdAllies, we believe that to reimagine what is possible in schools—and ultimately improve outcomes for students—we need a new conversation on public education, complete with fresh ideas, candid reflections, and the voices of those who are most impacted.
The EdVoices program seeks to help foster this conversation right here in Minnesota. Selected EdVoices contributors share their perspectives on education challenges and solutions. We hope to spark a dialogue on multiple platforms, and will welcome contributions including:
- Blog posts to be featured on our website;
- Videos to be shared on our website and social media;
- Opinion pieces to be placed in local or national media publications; and
- Visual or other art forms, such as poetry, infographics, comic strips, or music.
EdAllies supports contributors through brainstorming, feedback, and distribution—and provides a stipend of $100 per contribution, for a total of up to four per contributor.
THE IDEAL CONTRIBUTOR
- Shares our vision of a Minnesota where every student succeeds in a rigorous and engaging education.
- Has a clear point of view on education in Minnesota, informed by their unique perspective as a current or recent student, a preK-12 parent, or an educator.
- Is a passionate storyteller, whether that’s through writing, art, public speaking, video production, or another medium.
- Is eager to promote their contributions and engage in constructive, inclusive dialogue with their audience.
- Thrives off collaboration and feedback.
HOW TO APPLY
We accept applications on a rolling basis. To apply, please send a 3-5 paragraph summary explaining why you want to participate in the EdVoices program, your unique perspective on education, a few issues you might want to tackle in your contributions, and your preferred media (blog posts, videos, etc.)—to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “EdVoices application” as the subject line.