Operations Manager (Part-Time)
Founded in 2016, EdAllies is a Minnesota-based education advocacy nonprofit that partners with schools, families, and communities to ensure that every young Minnesotan has access to a rigorous and engaging education. We advance policies that put underserved students first, remove barriers facing successful schools and programs, and foster an inclusive conversation about what’s possible for students.
EdAllies is seeking a part-time Operations Manager to increase our capacity for streamlined, well-supported, and on-time operational functioning. We are seeking someone with strong organizational skills to support a variety of logistical and office needs, assist senior-level staff, help manage key deadlines, and bring an intentional eye to ongoing team needs. The Operations Manager will be comfortable executing day-to-day office management and administrative functions, while also providing both responsive and proactive support to leadership and program staff within a small, nimble team.
The position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week. There is some flexibility in scheduling, though most work will take place during business hours. The position is based in Minneapolis, with the opportunity to work in a hybrid remote/in-person arrangement. The position reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Managing Director;
- Assisting in managing the functions of the Board;
- Partnering with Executive Director and Managing Director to support development work, including:
- Tracking deadlines and creating grant-specific internal calendars;
- Reviewing application and reporting requirements and coordinating to ensure they are gathered and uploaded; and,
- Submitting materials through grant-specific portals;
- Managing certain human resources processes, including:
- Supporting hiring managers by gathering resumes and ensuring effective applicant tracking;
- Managing logistical elements of staff on- and off-boarding;
- Ordering office supplies and materials;
- Supporting communications and outreach efforts as needed, including virtual and in-person event logistics, preparation of materials and collateral, delegated digital outreach tasks, etc.;
- Supporting policy team as needed, including submitting materials, taking notes, supporting coalition logistics, etc.;
- Supporting team-building efforts, including coordinating meetings, retreats, special events, and recognitions;
- Coordinating with vendors to address office and staff needs, manage payment processes, and troubleshoot real-time questions and needs;
- Being a strong steward of EdAllies’ internal success and team culture, serving as a reliable hub to ensure team members have what they need to work effectively.
Candidates should possess a strong commitment to EdAllies’ mission, and to education equity more broadly. The ideal candidate has:
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail;
- Eagerness to support a positive, engaging team culture;
- Relationship-building skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong collaboration and project management skills, with ability to “manage up” to advance projects, seek and provide feedback, and engage others to meet goals;
- Experience supporting program and event logistics;
- Experience managing vendors;
- Knowledge of basic office applications including Microsoft Office, Google Suites, and Zoom/similar applications a must. Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Phone2Action, Salesforce, DonorPerfect, Adobe Creative, and/or other tools a plus.
- A sense of humor, strong work ethic, and willingness to be nimble to meet goals;
- A commitment to integrity (doing what’s right, even when it is uncomfortable), candor, and collaboration;
- Previous experience in an office setting, demonstrating ability to understand digital communications tools and norms.
The position pays $25 per hour, with accrued PTO available (totaling an estimated ~80 hours per year, depending on the number of hours worked). Employees also receive a monthly cell phone stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send the following to Andrea Roethke, Managing Director of Strategy & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Operations Manager” in the subject line:
- a cover letter;
- your résumé.
Deadline: The position will remain open until filled, but we’ll give priority to applications we receive by October 25. Initial interviews will begin in late October.
EdAllies is an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to a diverse, inclusive workplace. From hiring to internal practice, we work to promote a culture that is welcoming and free of discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.